Forget the woulda, shoulda, coulda’s just for a few moments. Can we take a couple minutes today and focus on the “What if’s?” Sometimes I think we spend a majority of our day talking about what we shoulda done or coulda done and quite frankly that is a horrible life threatening disease and today is the day to free yourself.
While you read this post I want you to get comfortable, clear your mind and think about something. Take 10 or 15 minutes and really think about the following statements. Ready? WHAT IF……
- What if… your relationship with God was so intimate that you literally felt His presence, heard His voice and every move you made was pleasing to Him?
- What if… you were fully engaged in a career or business that was 100% fulfilling and rather than drained you empowered you?
- What if…. you were in a marriage that fulfilled your every need and desire; emotionally, sexually, mentally and spiritually?
- What if… you woke up every morning completely rested and refreshed ready to take on anything in your day?
- What if… you were in a constant state of self-improvement and you knew that every day you were further along than you were the day before?
- What if… you were to forgive those that you need to forgive so that YOU can move on, not them? I promise you, they have!
- What if… you were to stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes and bad decisions in the past and embrace those things and use them for good?
- What if… you are single and decide to pursue that man or woman?
I realize that some of things listed above we may never fully accomplish, however too many people stop short of their goals or dreams in life because they are too busy playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game rather than the What if game. Spend some time today not just thinking about exactly what might be possible but doing something to move you in that direction. If you were to step outside of your comfort zone your future may start to look so much better than your past.
What I know to be true in my own life is that I have a lot of regrets in life but the wonderful thing about it is they are in my past. My future as well as yours is wide open and the script for life has yet to be written, so get to writing!